An Introduction to Business Blog. Should An Enterprise Use It?
Our analysis of more than 100 business website says that most of business website have one or more than one well drafted frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to business. Very few have more beneficial & useful business blog. If you are thinking about starting a business blog then you are at very right place now. This little article will give some insights on business blogging and its advantages.
The Definition – What Is A Business Blog?
A business blog is a part of a business website that contains a collection of articles related to business to openly communicate to a large set of stakeHolder.
- A business blog could be part of his main website.
- It is collection of articles published at a regular interval of time.
- The business blogs are written with a purpose and targeted to set of audience.
- The purpose of the business blog it to reach its stakeholder and increase the understanding of the stakeholder related to the topic of the business blog post.
- Each blog post in business blog has separate topic.
Purpose of The Business Blog –
- Educating customers on how to use a product or service
- Providing a guide for troubleshooting
- Product comparison with competetion
- “How to series” that talks about various application of the products
- Reducing the cost of service by promoting self service ( All above are indirectly doing the same)
- Reaching to low competition customers by attracting organic traffic
- Increasing customer engagement,
- Converting customers into loyal customers and getting more customers out of referrals
- Forming a complete online marketing strategy
- Promoting a business
How Does Blog Form Part Of A Business Website?
A blog can be a category in website whereas the related articles are categorised. Or It could be part of website as separate URL like www.yourdomain.com/blog. For example- www.zoho.com/blog
Placing blog in a business website-
Difference Between Personal Blog & Business Blog?
- A personal blog originates when a individual starts writing a blog out of his own expertise.
- A personal blog is also written to express yourself.
- A blog is also written by individual to create its own brand or to establish himself as a writer.
- A personal blog is made with sole purpose of making money.
- It is also made to share advice on a niche topic
A business blog is part of a business website. Hence in most of the case a business blog maintained by a enterprise. This enterprise may hire professionals like ( content developers, professional blog writers etc. ) to develop a business blog. A small businessman can himself start a business blog. ( Actually a small business must start business blogging as there is less competition as of now).
The main difference between a personal blog and a business blog is that a business already has a product or services. Hence whatever a business blog writes would be limited to its business. Hence the blog posts in business blogging are limited in numbers but are highly focussed.
Right from marketing to service, The objective of business blogs could be anything. read 11 reasons for a business to start a business blog .
Should A Business Start Business Blogging?
Definitely yes, Because-
- Business most cost effective content marketing tool. Business blogs are best way to connect a wider range of audience including prospective customers.
- Business blogs reduces cost of servicing by inculcating self help in your customers.
- Business blogs becomes more popular in social media than you product pages.
- Business blogs establish your company as an expert, It boost your brand.
- Blogging is best customer engagement platform online.
Our initial analysis says that most of the companies have limited information about their product and services. Most of the business have age old method of showcasing product and service. Business blogs are new way to connect to consumers. Business blogs are new way to tell the stories related to your product. Business blogs are new way to communicate with more openness and it is certainly a direct way to communicate.
Share your feedback.
You may also like to read-