A Beginners Guide To Cloud Hosting In Layman’s Terms [With Example]
This blog would try to explain the cloud hosting in simple terms. You would be able to understand what is cloud computing and how does it work in layman’s language. This blog is all about initial tutorials on cloud computing for dummies as without going into the technicalities.
I would expect that you understand the traditional hosting where as a enterprise or individual invest in physical servers, applications, network management software & storage space (real estate) to run applications.
Cloud Hosting explained with simple example
How will you manage transport according to demand. Do you buy new trucks every time the demand goes up?
No, certainly not. You would hire a transporter who arranges transport according to your need. For pre-specified time, load, distance and destination. The transporter manages the cost of fuel, driver, maintenance , insurance, parking etc.
You may have an annual contract with the transporter for normal as well as increased demand. Few of You may have a existing fleet of few trucks to meet regular demand.
Cloud hosting is server on hire.
- You rent a server from a cloud hosting provider on the basis of Memory, speed, CPU and data storage.
- You may buy a cloud solution in hourly basis as well.
- A cloud hosting provider manages security , data transfer, storage for you.
- You can get a customised cloud hosting service easily
- In cloud hosting solution, you actually do not manage a server in your office premises controlled by you.
Hence, A cloud hosting become –
- A more flexible hosting solution as you can increase or decrease the storage, RAM & other configuration according to your application need
- A more cost effective hosting solution as lost of money is saved by not investing in physical storage, security & other application.
- A more quick hosting option for any interaction as a cloud hosting provider takes care of these infrastructure.
Cloud is all about enjoying the best food made by best chef at a lower price. Opting cloud hosting is a futuristic approach. All modern application are slowly moving to cloud because of quick, fast & secure hosting.