8 Differences Between WordPress.com WordPress.org & Blogger
WordPress at times creates confusion as it has to services in terms of WordPress.com and WordPress.org. Both of these have some similarities and many differences . One if the common dimension is, both find competition in blogger.com. We will cover the basic anchor Differences Between WordPress.com, WordPress.org & Blogger that will help you to decide which platform is better for you .
2. Traffic limitations :-A blog or a website hosted in Blogger has no limitations in terms of monthly visitors where are both services of WordPress will have limitations according to the hosting plan you buy.
3. Storage limit – blogger provide almost unlimited storage but WordPress.com gives upto 3 GB free. WordPress.org will limit the storage according to web hosting plan you buy.
4. Hosting Individual domain :- A blog hosted on blogger can be hosted in individual domain at free of cost (Be Happy). Where as wordpress.com will charge you annually. In WordPress.org you cannot host a site without a domain ( that is why a website hosted in WordPress.org is popularly known as self hosted WordPress website
5. Themes Support ( or layout of the website ) :- All three blogging platform provide multiple theme options that can be changed multiple times. Blogger has some limited themes( all are free as well), Where as both of WordPress hosting services has thousands , I really mean thousand of themes. What more basic version of these themes are free.
The major difference is here, In WordPress.org a custom theme can be used and that makes it a preferred choice for a serious blogger.
6. Plug in support( additional features) :- Blogger has some limited and basic additional features. WordPress .com do not support plug ins ( Or you have to pay very hefty price to use plug ins ). In this regard wordpress.org has major advantage as thousands of plug ins enable a blogger to do almost anything.
7. Hosting Support (Web Server ) :- In Blogger & WordPress.com you do not need to find a hosting service provider and that is why for a newcomers both are good choice to start and learn the basics. Wordpress.org is a self hosted service, you have to find a host or buy a WordPress self hosting plan and do hosting yourself. Though it is not so problematic.
8. Ads, Earning, Monetization :- Running Ads & making money in blogger is very easy (Specially Google AdSense). WordPress.com will run its own ads in your website and will not share the revenue. monetize, What more, You will have to pay to WordPress.com to remove the ads from your own blog. Where as Worldpress.org will not have any control on your ads. Hence it is you who will be earning in case you make a self hosted wordpress blog with wordpress.org.