A Complete Guide to WordPress Custom Menu (Create, Customize, Display)
In my blog , 12 Tips to Reduce Bounce Rate on Blog Websites I explained to increase customer engagement and reduce bounce rate in Website. It was also explained why customer engagement is important for your website performance and user experience. Creating a right menu and displaying it in your website is critical not only from engagement perspective but also from my site making money from blog perspective. This I blog will be a buy oral prednisone Complete Guide to WordPress Custom Menu (Create, Customize, Display) .
You would be able to learn-
How to make essential (Primary Menu ) as well as effective menu (Secondary Menu) in WordPress website.
How to manage a menus in WordPress dashboard/ Controls panel.
What is the most effective way to display menus in WordPress theme.
How to show mega menu in WordPress Theme header, footer or side panel.
Let’s starts with types of menus that should be created in a website –
1. Essential / Basic Menus :-
Www.your domain/Aboutus etc.
vidalista buy online 2. The Selective Menu :-
How to Create WordPress Custom Menu
login> Appearance > Menu > Create a Menu.
Following screenshot will be a guide to you as it has highlighted all important tabs (Create, Add, Delete, Save and move) related to Menu.
- Step 1 -Click on Create a new menu.
- Step 2 -Then give a name to new Menu ( Write primary menu to start with, though you can give any name).
- Step 4 – Click on add to menu,
- Step 5 – Change the sequence of menu ( Or change menu structure)by simply dragging a item up and down.
- Step 6 – Click on Save Menu
That’s it. You have successfully created a Basic Menu or essential menu in wordpress. In the similar manner you can create other type of menu as well. Make a selective menu as per your blog and choice and name it as you did in first step. We will soon guide you to manage and display it effectively in WordPress.
How to Customize WordPress Custom Menu (Manage, Edit )
- Step -1 Click on – Appearance > Menu >Select a menu to edit ( and select ) .
Then go to menu structure and drag out the items that you want to keep out of menu.
- Step- 2 In order to add a page or category select it and then click in add to menu. (the way you did while creating a new menu).
- Step -3 Then click on save option.
How to Display a WordPress Custom Menu in Website (or Theme)
How to check menu location in WordPress theme?
The other selective menus or more important menu should come on the top and at the right or left hand aide of the body for better response.
Note:- The location of primary Menu may change theme to theme. So each time the theme is changed you may have to reset or manage the menu location. Though the menu structure will never change with the change of WordPress theme.