How to Host a Website with MilesWeb
Look around on the internet for any kind of business, what do you see first? It’s their website, isn’t it? Yes! The website is your company’s face that you like to show globally. Thus, putting so much of efforts, you create a very attractive website for you. But, the next question arises how to make it visible to people? For that, you need to host your website. As a newcomer, it is understood that you come up with many doubts regarding web hosting. But what exactly is Web Hosting? Website Hosting means posting your website on the internet.
Where can you find website hosting service?
Once you are done with registering a domain name then the next step comes to search for the best website hosting provider. Now for those, who haven’t registered a domain name, you will have to do it first. In simple words, a domain name is your websites’ name or a URL where you can find your website.
The website hosting company can provide you some additional services such as data backup, technical support, web application firewall, SEO services, email services, domain name registration, malware scanning and protection, access to website building tools and applications.
As a newbie, you may search for different web hosting companies and look for their products which can consume your time and energy. So a smart way could be directly choosing MilesWeb as your website hosting partner. MilesWeb helps you right from providing free domain name on some of their products to finally hosting your website on the internet. Also, you get the continuous technical support that means you are always a priority.
All the web hosting packages of MilesWeb ensures you that the most efficient performance and security. They offer cost-effective and feature-rich web hosting plans for your personal or professional websites to maintain your online presence.
Find out the benefits you get with MilesWeb:
- Highly secure and reliable web hosting infrastructure.
- 24/7/365 days technical support.
- 95% Uptime.
- Faster loading website with SSD drives.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Secure email accounts.
- One-click app installer – Softacoulos is the one click application installer.
- Free website migration.
This means you get everything in one place. At last, your search stops at MilesWeb.
You get a solution for all your problems before hosting while hosting and after hosting a website.
Here I am explaining the step by step process of how to host your website?
Step 1: Decide the type of the website you want to host.
Basically there are two types of website:
1) Static or Basic Websites:
Static website or Basic websites are those that have one or more web pages called as the HTML pages. You can easily create these web pages using Dreamweaver software and then upload the pages to your web host’s servers through any FTP software like FileZilla. Whenever you want to make any changes on your website, just edit the web pages on your computer and upload them again on the server. As these web pages cannot be edited dynamically, the websites having such pages is known as static websites.
2) Dynamic Websites:
Dynamic websites contain information that is changed at any time of the day, according to viewers and other such factors. These websites make use of both- the client-side script and the server side script for creating and updating the website content. The purpose of client-side scripts that run on user’s computer is for display and interaction. The server-side scripts are stored on the server that is mainly used by the eCommerce websites and the social networking websites. Users can have individual accounts on websites through server-side scripts, also, a customized response can be provided to every user.
The dynamic websites which work through a CMS (content management system) allow you to directly add or modify contents like images, videos, text, design,etc., they also enable your website visitors to post a comment and start discussions. These websites are best suited for the business entities. Examples of Dynamic websites are:- forums, photo galleries, blogs, and eCommerce sites. MilesWeb allows 1-click installation of any CMS or web application that you need for creating your website with round the clock support.
Step 2 – Choose Your Web Hosting Server
Static HTML websites can be hosted on any type of web servers, unlike web applications/ CMS’s which requires other two web hosting platforms.
(1) Linux Hosting: You can run scripts created in PHP, Python, Perl and other UNIX-based languages through Linux hosting platform. It generally supports PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. Linux is a more favorable platform.
(2) Windows Hosting: ASP scripts through.Net and other Microsoft technologies can be run using Windows Hosting platform. It supports the Microsoft SQL Server and Access database.
Step 3 – Select Web Hosting Package.
Select from a wide range of MilesWeb web hosting packages :-
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is a most common type of hosting, where multiple site owners host their sites on single server for hosting. You get your separate login account with credentials.
- VPS Hosting: VPS stands for Virtual Private Sever, where each website is stored on a powerful server that is divided into many virtual components. VPS acts like a combination of both Shared and Dedicated server.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress hosting service is an ideal hosting solution for bloggers, web developers, WooCommerce stores, web design agencies and digital marketers. WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS), using this anyone can create a website, blog, community or a network.
- Cloud Hosting: Multiple websites can function together using cloud components in Cloud hosting. It can easily handle the sudden traffic spikes.
- Dedicated Hosting: Dedicated hosting provides one server to single account. It is ideal for the high traffics websites.
Step 4 – Change your DNS address.
DNS i.e. Domain name servers can be referred to as internet’s phonebook which has all the IP addresses.
You have to login to your domain registrar panel and update the name servers from there in order to keep your website up and running. After updating the name servers, your website starts resolving from the new DNS with 24-48 hours.
Step 5 – Upload your Website.
You can upload your website to the hosting account bye connection to the server. This can be done using cPanel’s File Manager or through an FTP client (like FileZilla). After performing this step, your website will become live.
How to upload website with cPanel’s File manager:
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Click on the ‘File Manager’ icon.
- Choose the option ‘Web Root’ and click on ‘Go’.
- Add all the files and folders in public_html and their respective domain folders.
How to upload your website using FTP client:
- Install the FileZilla and access it
- Under ‘File’ menu select the ‘Site Manager’
- Click on the ‘New Site’
- Suggest a name to the new site – such as given to your ‘real domain name’
- Put the IP address of your website in the ‘FTP Address’ field
- Enter the username and password that was provided to you with the welcome email
- Select the Port to 21 (as FTP always operates on Port 21)
- Go to the ‘Connect’ and click on it.
Once FTP is connected, you will see following files and folders on your :
- On the left side the files and folders of your local computer will be displayed.
- Whereas, on the right side the files and folders of your web hosting service will be displayed.
Refer the following steps to upload files to your hosting service provider via FileZilla:
- From the left-hand side of FileZilla, select the file(s) or folder(s) you want to upload.
- Drag and drop the file(s) and folder(s) to the directory location present on the right side of your web hosting service.FileZilla will now start uploading the file(s) or folder(s).
- After the uploading process is finished, FileZilla log will confirm the success of your uploads.
Hurray! Your website is live now.