How To Host Blogspot (Blogger) Blog or Website in an Individual Domain
The best part of Blogspot (Blogger.com) blogging platform is that a website or blog in it can be hosted in an individual domain for free. This is the single largest reason for beginners opting for Blogspot (Blogger). This blog will be a guide for you to learn To Host Blogspot (Blogger) Blog or Website in an Individual Domain (Top level domain). You would additionally learn –
- What could be the possible errors while linking your domain with blog on blogspot.
- How could domain hosting error in blogspot be resolved.
- Precautions and tips to host blogspot blog in an individual domain.
- What are the advantage of hosting a blogspot or WordPress.com website in an individual domain
Steps to Host Blogspot (Blogger) Blog or Website in an Individual Domain
Step 2. Setting up http://hhpoolepto.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://hhpoolepto.com/joint-the-pto/ individual domain in your blogspot blog or website – Follow the simple path, login to blogger > Choose the property ( If you have more then one) > Go to settings > and then click on basic > Come to publishing > Click on “Set up a third-party URL for your blog” .You would be able to see page just as shown in below image from blogspot. Now type in the domain.
Precautions :- Use the top level domain ( A domain with www, like www.yourdomain.com), it is the complete domain. If you type in domain without www the following message would come-
Blogs may not be hosted at naked domains (ex: yourdomain.com). Please add a top-level domain (www.yourdomain.com) or subdomain (blog.yourdomain.com).
Step 3 – Authenticate the your ownership of domain – In order to link blog on blogpost to individual domain, Blogspot would ask you to verify the ownership of the domain first. There are many ways of authentication. I am going to explain the two best way to authenticate domain ownership, explained one by one. The follow screen will pop up after step 2 and it will show two CNAMEs-
- Chose the host of your individual domain(Host of the domain means the website from where you have booked the domain, may be godaddy, bigrock, or anything else). Blogpost/ Google would give list of almost every register here.
- Enter the user ID and the password of domain name provide.
- In case it is entered correctly, The success message from google would come up confirming that you have verified ownership of domain.
Post verification repeat the step 2 again with verified domain. At this time your blogspot blog should be linked to individual domain instantly. In case domain is not linked to blogspot then try second method.
Type in the two CNAMEs from Blogspot, Delete others and save. In typically 2-5 minutes blogspot would be able to link individual domain to your blog or website on blogger.
These two method are best way to host Blogspot (Blogger) Blog or Website in an Individual Domain or to top level domain.